Deacons supports a wide range of community service activities, bringing care to the local community and people in need. In recognition of the firm’s involvement in community service in 2015, Deacons was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from the Agency of Volunteer Service. This was in recognition of the 2,388 service hours that the Deacons Cares committee and our volunteers have contributed to our society in the past year.
Here are some of the highlights of 2015:
- Over 110 Deacons’ staff clocked up a total of 2,388 service hours during the year, with each volunteer contributing to an average of 21 service hours.
- Deacons received the “Citizenship Law Firm of the Year” award by the Asian Lawyer based on its educational initiative “The ABCs of Law” in collaboration with the Hans Andersen Club. This initiative also featured on Stand By Me, a radio programme on Radio Television Hong Kong.
- Deacons continued its ongoing support for Operation Santa Claus, the annual charity campaign organised by the South China Morning Post and Radio Television Hong Kong, for the last five years.
- Over 50 corporate volunteers and students from Hong Chi Pinehill No. 2 and No. 3 Schools, plus 20 Dr. Dogs of Animals Asia Foundation, joined the “Healing Hearts with Paws” Day.
- There were 50 donors who participated in the Blood Donation Day 2015.
- Deacons has pledged to WWF to stop serving shark fin at all our corporate functions for four consecutive years now.
The members of the Deacons Cares committee were also presented an individual certificate by the Agency of Volunteer Service for their time contributed to planning and organising volunteer services in the past year.