Kevin has advised both issuers and arranger/dealer groups on two of the first three offshore RMB bonds to be issued when the market opened in 2007. Since then, Kevin has advised both issuers and arranger/dealer groups on the majority of the ground-breaking and industry award-winning RMB bond issuances launched, including:
- the sovereign RMB bond issues by the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China (2010 to 2014). The 2010 issue had an Honourable mention for Deal of the Year by Asian Counsel in 2010, and the 2011 and 2012 issues were awarded ALB “DCM Deal of the Year” in 2012 and 2013, respectively;
- the "historic" McDonald's RMB bond which marked the first RMB bond to be issued by a multi-national company in the world. This was awarded ALB “DCM Deal of the Year” in September 2011 and “Deal of the Year” by the China Business Law Journal;
- the issue by BP Capital Markets PLC in September 2011, the first RMB bonds to be listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- the ground-breaking Bank of East Asia (China) RMB retail bond issue, which was the first RMB bond offering to Hong Kong retail by a Chinese subsidiary of a foreign bank. This was awarded “Deal of the Year” by Asian Counsel in 2010; and
- the issue by Bank of China Limited in 2010 which opened the way for RMB bonds to be cleared through Clearstream.
Other recent highlights where members of Kevin has acted for either the issuers or the arrangers include issues in U.S. dollars, Renminbi and other currencies by:
- China General Nuclear Power Corporation
- Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, guaranteed by The Government of the Hong Kong S.A.R. of the People’s Republic of China
- Soar Rise Limited (a subsidiary of AVIC International Leasing Co., Ltd.)
- Universal Number One Co., Ltd., guaranteed by Universal International Leasing Co., Limited
- China Uranium Development Company Limited, guaranteed by China General Nuclear Power Corporation
- Poly Properties Group Co., Limited
- Pointer Investment (Hong Kong) Limited, guaranteed by The Export-Import Bank of China
- Zijin International Finance Company Limited
- Datang International (Hong Kong) Limited
- Shangdong International (Hong Kong) Limited (a subsidiary of Shandong Hi-speed Company Limited)
- Binhai Investment Company Limited
- China Power International Development Limited
- COFCO (Hong Kong) Limited
- Sinotrans Shipping Inc. (a subsidiary of Sinotrans Shipping Ltd.)
- Blue Sky Fliers Company Limited, guaranteed by Hong Kong Airlines Limited
- Chenming (HK) Limited
- Bank of Communications, Co., Limited
- Export-Import Bank of China Bank of China Limited
- China Construction Bank
- The Bank of East Asia, Limited
- The Bank of East Asia (China) Limited
- China Overseas Grand Oceans Finance II (Cayman) Limited, guaranteed by China Overseas Grand Oceans Group Limited
Kevin has also advised a wide range of other bond transactions with varying structures, including direct issuance by PRC state-owned enterprise, as well as issuance by offshore entities of PRC corporations supported by various forms of credit enhancement and/or security arrangements comprising onshore and offshore assets.
Kevin is also actively involved in the development of the retail structured products, new financial product platforms and derivatives in Hong Kong. He has advised major financial institutions and issuers on a number of “first of its kind” issuances, both in the retail structured products space as well as in the topical Renminbi internationalisation forum.
Kevin is a regular speaker at industry conferences and seminars.