Updated guides to arbitration
The popularity of arbitration as a means of alternative dispute resolution has increased significantly in recent years.
Deacons has recently updated its guides to arbitration in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
A Simple Guide to Arbitration in Hong Kong includes:
- What is Arbitration?
- The Arbitration Agreement
- Common Arbitration Clauses
- Hong Kong’s Arbitration Ordinance
- Opt-in and automatic provisions
- Commencement of Arbitration
- Arbitration Procedures
- Court support but minimal intervention
- What is the Court’s role?
- Challenging the Arbitration Award
- Enforcement of the Arbitration Award
- Enforcement in Mainland China
- Costs and Expenses
- Hong Kong as an arbitration venue
- Other Alternative Dispute Resolution methods
Please click here to read the guide.