Partner | Intellectual Property
- +852 2825 9671
- Download vCard
- Download CV / Print CV
Amy is a Partner in the IP Commercial & Litigation Practice.
Amy is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong. She holds a BA degree (First Class Honours), a LLB degree and a PCLL from the University of Hong Kong.
Amy is experienced in advising on IP/IT matters, IP transactions, technology transfers, digital solutions development and commercialisation, IP issues in initial public offering projects, and other IP general commercial and local law compliance issues across various sectors including Consumer Goods and Retail, FinTech, Media and Entertainment, Technology, Media & Telecom and Transportation and Logistics, in a wide spectrum of areas such as personal data protection, advertising, internet, domain names, trade descriptions, consumer protection and licensing. She is also experienced in brand and IP protection and enforcement in Hong Kong, particularly contentious matters involving trade mark, passing off, copyright, company names, domain names, trade secrets and breach of confidence.
Prior to her current role, Amy was a Senior Legal Counsel (with IP/IT specialisation) at one of the largest professional services firms in the world, with considerable experience advising on IP/IT, technology ventures and emerging technologies, digital solutions development and commercialisation projects, IT procurement, technology transfers, and various other general commercial/contract matters.
Amy has been recognised as a Key Lawyer in the field of TMT by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in 2021.
- Advising a multinational technology and internet services provider on data privacy issues and conducting annual audit on personal data practices of its Hong Kong office.
- Advising a public transportation operator on data transfers and data migration issues relating to its customer loyalty and rewards programme, and on privacy implications and privacy impact assessments in relation the transfer of cross border data, security and retention of personal data.
- Advising a non-profit organization on data protection and local law compliance issues relating to its online dispute resolution platform for COVID-19 disputes.
- Advising one of the world’s leading package delivery companies on end-user service agreements, and various contract, consumer protection, IP and other local law compliance issues.
- Acting for one of the world’s leading multinational electronic products conglomerates on an Appeal before the Hong Kong Court of First Instance against the Trade Mark Registrar’s decision in a trade mark invalidation action, successfully invalidating a Chinese company’s infringing trade mark registrations in Hong Kong.
- Advising major clients including internationally well-known brands in luxury clothing and accessories, sporting goods and equipment, and financial services industries on protection and enforcement of their company name portfolio and actions against shadow companies in Hong Kong.
- Advising on IP, privacy and data protection, confidentiality and other related legal issues in product development, deployment and commercialisation of various cutting-edge innovative technology and ventures projects.
More about Amy Chung
Recommended Lawyer for Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) in Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022)
- Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Ordinary Member, The Hong Kong Institute of Trade Mark Practitioners
- PCLL, University of Hong Kong, 2010
- LLB (Hons), University of Hong Kong, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours), University of Hong Kong, 2005