“I would give the firm top marks for efficiency, thoroughness and expertise of the lawyers involved."
Your guide to Hong Kong ETFs
Our team has unparalleled knowledge and experience in the exchange traded fund (ETF) sector. As an established leader in Hong Kong’s investment funds market, we have the right team and experience to advise our clients on all aspects of an ETF cycle, from development of a new product, SFC-authorisation and stock exchange listing, to post-authorisation and regulatory developments.
We closely follow the market allowing us to provide our clients with the latest and most commercial advice.
Our core services include:
- Establishing and structuring funds
- Obtaining SFC authorisation and advising on the exchange listing process
- New product launches and sales platforms
- Advice on the marketing and distribution of ETFs
- On-going regulatory and compliance issues for ETF managers
With our deep roots in the Hong Kong market, Deacons has been helping local and overseas clients to set up and expand their fund platforms in Hong Kong. In the ETF space, we have:
- Advised and assisted our clients to establish new ETF platforms and listing of ETF sub-funds, including innovative products such as ETFs tracking sector indices or niche/new markets.
- Advised on ETF compliance issues including UCITS ETFs and RQFII ETFs
- Advised on compliance with SFC’s post-authorization requirements applicable to ETFs