Our business services team is integral to the firm’s success. We aim to deliver excellent client service and are always looking for talented individuals with the ability and commitment to help us achieve this goal.
Deacons offers exciting career prospects for professionals to work alongside our leading team of lawyers in a wide range of fields including:
The accounts team plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of the firm’s business, protecting our financial assets, and managing day-to-day billing and administration of client accounts, as well as ensuring we comply with all necessary regulatory and statutory requirements.
Our people define us so it is essential that we continue to attract, develop and retain the best. Deacons’ Human Resources team plays an important role in ensuring that we achieve this, providing operational support in relation to talent management and employee relations, as well as managing rewards, resourcing, and training programmes. Meanwhile our Administration team is what keeps the firm’s business running smoothly, taking care of premises, messenger services, mail, catering and client conference facilities.
Our team of dedicated Information and Library Services professionals manages the firm’s all important legal and business information resources, including both printed and online material. They work closely with our lawyers to assist in complex legal research and support our business development initiatives.
Our IT experts provide high quality, high speed systems and solutions allowing us to deliver a first class service to our clients. We rely on our IT team for infrastructure and service delivery, as well as customer support. Our aim is to be the most technologically advanced firm in Hong Kong, so we are always keen to hear from IT professionals with the skills to help us achieve this.
Our Marketing & Business Development team plans, develops and implements strategic business development activities and firmwide initiatives, such as our sector and client care programmes. The team also plays an exciting role in managing the firm’s internal and external communications, client and industry events, intelligence gathering and CRM, as well as promoting the firm in Hong Kong and internationally.
If you want an exciting and dynamic career at Hong Kong’s leading independent law firm and believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about career opportunities at Deacons or click on the link below for details of our current vacancies.
How to apply
Please send your full CV either by post to
5th Floor, Alexandra House
18 Chater Road
or by email to "email@example.com"
or to private fax: +852 2810 9126.
We will only consider applicants who apply directly to our firm and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be destroyed within 6 months.
The Application Specialist will assist the Information System management team to provide technical, procedural and process support for business applications by analysing business requirements and developing solutions for the firm.
Candidate with less experience will be considered for the Application Engineer position.
The job duties initially include but not limited to the following:
As a member of the IT Service Centre support team this role is key to provide Deacons staff with a quality IT support service. They will provide 1st and 2nd line support to our internal customers. They will either help resolve the issue in a timely manner or escalate the problem to other teams within ISD as needed. They must bring major issues to the attention to the management team as needed. The person filling this role must be a good communicator and a good listener who takes time to understand the users problems before recommending a solution. They must be able to understand the users’ issues and provide accurate advice to assist.
We aim to make the role varied and exciting by ensure that at times the successful candidate is asked to get involved in other activities including developing SOP, checklist and other project work. Training and development to help the candidate progress in their career will be provided.
To provide 1st and 2nd line support to our internal customers, and escalate issues to other teams as required. This will include activities as follows:
• 1st line and 2nd line support to internal users to both Hong Kong and PRC users
• Help other ITSC members resolve calls or decide if the call needs further escalation
• Keep the management informed of any unusual issues or trends
• Provide guidance to users on ‘How do I’ questions
• Escalate calls to 3rd level team as required making a decisions as to which team to escalate the problem to
• Provide supports to all kinds of conference activities
• The successful candidate will get involved in project introducing new technology to the firm and other stretch targets as assigned by their manager
The successful candidate will display the following attributes:
• Good sense of troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Pro-active at exploring the capabilities of existing products in use at Deacons
• Excellent person skills. The candidate must be very customer and service orientated, able to relate to the issue the users has and help ensure they get a satisfactory resolution
• Willing to take initiative and be a good self-learner
• Good communication skills
• Strong English and Cantonese speaking skills
• Spoken Mandarin skills would be an advantage
• Good knowledge on networking support
• Good knowledge on Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013
• Strong knowledge of the following products will also be an advantage:
• Law firm experience would be an advantage but not essential