Our business services team is integral to the firm’s success. We aim to deliver excellent client service and are always looking for talented individuals with the ability and commitment to help us achieve this goal.
Deacons offers exciting career prospects for professionals to work alongside our leading team of lawyers in a wide range of fields including:
The accounts team plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth running of the firm’s business, protecting our financial assets, and managing day-to-day billing and administration of client accounts, as well as ensuring we comply with all necessary regulatory and statutory requirements.
Our people define us so it is essential that we continue to attract, develop and retain the best. Deacons’ Human Resources team plays an important role in ensuring that we achieve this, providing operational support in relation to talent management and employee relations, as well as managing rewards, resourcing, and training programmes. Meanwhile our Administration team is what keeps the firm’s business running smoothly, taking care of premises, messenger services, mail, catering and client conference facilities.
Our team of dedicated Information and Library Services professionals manages the firm’s all important legal and business information resources, including both printed and online material. They work closely with our lawyers to assist in complex legal research and support our business development initiatives.
Our IT experts provide high quality, high speed systems and solutions allowing us to deliver a first class service to our clients. We rely on our IT team for infrastructure and service delivery, as well as customer support. Our aim is to be the most technologically advanced firm in Hong Kong, so we are always keen to hear from IT professionals with the skills to help us achieve this.
Our Marketing & Business Development team plans, develops and implements strategic business development activities and firmwide initiatives, such as our sector and client care programmes. The team also plays an exciting role in managing the firm’s internal and external communications, client and industry events, intelligence gathering and CRM, as well as promoting the firm in Hong Kong and internationally.
If you want an exciting and dynamic career at Hong Kong’s leading independent law firm and believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about career opportunities at Deacons or click on the link below for details of our current vacancies.
How to apply
Please send your full CV either by post to
5th Floor, Alexandra House
18 Chater Road
or by email to "email@example.com"
or to private fax: +852 2810 9126.
We will only consider applicants who apply directly to our firm and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be destroyed within 6 months.
The Application Specialist will assist the Information System management team to provide technical, procedural and process support for business applications by analysing business requirements and developing solutions for the firm. We are looking for candidate with 5+ years of experience in development and supporting applications.
Candidate with less experience will be considered for the Application Engineer position.
The job duties initially include but not limited to the following:
• Provide 3rd level product/application support for business applications including document management, email management, practice management, knowledge management, CRM and intranet.
• Investigate application issues and engage internal teams and/or third party vendors as appropriate to ensure resolution is reached
• Collaborate with IT help desk, infrastructure team and application team to exercise support processes
• Participate in incident and problem management process
• Develop product requirements and functional requirements for new functionalities to meet user requirements
• Provides business analysis of problems and new requests
• Produce solutions which provide good user interface and user experience
• Work with business users to understand workflow processes to ensure implementation of developed changes satisfy stated needs
• Work with colleagues and business users to develop requirements for new products and services
• Analyse and assess existing system capabilities and requirements, identify areas for system / application improvement and make recommendations for modifications and / or upgrades
• Solid knowledge of MS SQL programming
• Good knowledge of desktop products especially from Microsoft and how to leverage these to their full advantage
• Experience of working with Office macro, template and code
• Manage all documentation in relation to the above duties
• Other duties may be directed by the management team from time to time
• Law firm experience desirable but not essential
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
• Strong knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Windows based applications
• Established experience in diagnosing and resolving technical problems
• Hands on experience in process automation, best practice approach, technology efficiency and effectiveness
• Able to work in a project environment and meet tight deadlines
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Self-motivated and detail oriented
• Monitor and support IT System Infrastructure for the firm
• Perform regular system operation tasks
• Maintain and enforce security best practices
• Maintain and update documentation for the firm’s IT System Infrastructure
• Deploy or participate IT System Infrastructure or other IT project
• Work closely with Helpdesk to resolve escalated problem
• Over 8 years’ experience in IT industry
• Over 5 years’ experience in managing sizeable IT Infrastructure
• Degree holder with working history on operate, support and troubleshooting of IT Infrastructure
• Sound Knowledge on Citrix, AD, MDM, MS Server architecture and networking
• Familiar with End Point Protection and patching products
• Certified professional in Microsoft products is preferred
• Knowledge on Proofpoint, iManage and Internet Access Gateway will be an advantage
• Able to work under pressure and multitasking